I was seeking criminal advice on protection order. Missouri.

I was seeking criminal...

I was seeking criminal advice on protection order

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I haven't yet. Me and my friend were close for few years, things changed, i try apologzing to him, send couple things. Then told me not to contact him anymore, which I havent for few days

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That it

3/24/2018
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Can you please share with me what your question is?

Me and friend got into while back, I sent gift card and couple apologized letters. Then he told me don’t send me anything else, don’t contact me ever again or I’ll file harassment order, been few days now that I haven’t made contact. What’s the time frame on filing order?

Thank you and please allow me a moment

Thank you for the reply. If someone were to file it, they would need to do so if there were in fear or harm or if the party was harassing them and refused to cease. If you had an argument and went back and forth and tried to apologize and they told you to not contact them and you stopped, that would be the end of it. If they wanted to try and file for the order, they would need to show you continued over their demand and this now rises to harassment.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

After he told me to stop contacting him, like I have now for few days. Can he file some sort of protection order or stalking order still? Or is harassment order same as protection/stalking order?
I think he would have a hard time. There would be no real basis for harassment since this has ceased and I can’t see any harm or fear unless threats were made
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Thank you for your answer. You been very helpful.
My pleasure.