I had a fling with a man now he wants to blackmail me ...he…

Hi, I had...

Hi, I had a fling with a man now he wants to blackmail me ...he wants $ 20,000 or he will come to my husband with all the pictures he has of me that I sent him!! We didn't really have a relationship we maybe saw each other twice a year....

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Chicago Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have been back and forth with him

3/24/2018
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your criminal law question this evening. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with your situation being the victim of intimidation and blackmail.

Blackmail and extortion is covered as the crime of intimidation in Chicago.

The statute defines the conduct that criminally unacceptable and your situation equally applies.

"

(720 ILCS 5/12-6) (from Ch. 38, par. 12-6)
Sec. 12-6. Intimidation.
(a) A person commits intimidation when, with intent to cause another to perform or to omit the performance of any act, he or she communicates to another, directly or indirectly by any means, a threat to perform without lawful authority any of the following acts:
(1) Inflict physical harm on the person threatened or

any other person or on property; or

(2) Subject any person to physical confinement or

restraint; or

(3) Commit a felony or Class A misdemeanor; or
(4) Accuse any person of an offense; or
(5) Expose any person to hatred, contempt or

ridicule; or

(6) Take action as a public official against anyone

or anything, or withhold official action, or cause such action or withholding; or

(7) Bring about or continue a strike, boycott or

other collective action.

(b) Sentence.
Intimidation is a Class 3 felony for which an offender may be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not less than 2 years and not more than 10 years. "

Because the threat is to expose you to humiliation and he is requesting money for his silence you can press charges by filing a police complaint.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

In return your positive feedback gives me a credit for my time and answer.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated in this regard.

Best

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer