Is signing a campaign petition count as your vote? Or are…

Customer Question
Is signing a campaign...

Is signing a campaign petition count as your vote? Or are you able to vote at a assembly as well?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

In Colorado, Elbert County

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

A candidate started running by petition, then switched to assembly and attended caucus then switched back the right back before assembly and submitted his petition. They announced he made the ballot but also admitted all signatures are not verified. However, the delegates that signed the petition are planning on voting at the assembly tomorrow. It seems to me they voted already because you have to be registered to vote to sign it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I just need some clarification on if this is legal. Seems wrong a candidate can switch back and forth and that voters can sign and vote different candidates

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/24/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

Is signing a campaign petition count as your vote?

Response 1: No. you must still vote at the ballot box for your vote to count.

Or are you able to vote at a assembly as well?

Response 2: Yes.

<p style="margin-top:2.7pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.7pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:13.6pt">I am sorry that I do not have better news for you. However, as an Attorney and an Officer of the Court, I have ethical and professional obligation to provide you with accurate and honest information eventhough that information may not be in your favor. <p style="margin-top:2.7pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.7pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:13.6pt"> <p style="margin-top:2.7pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.7pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:13.6pt">Best wishes,<p style="margin-top:2.7pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.7pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:13.6pt"> <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

0in;line-height:13.6pt">Thank you for your cooperation.