Can alimony stop after paying for one year? Divorce filed in…

Customer Question
Hello, can alimony stop...

Hello, can alimony stop after paying for one year? Divorce filed in February 2017 as well as a Chaper 13 Bankruptcy case in state of California ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in CA family court?

Sorry I meant state of Pennsylvania.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

Yes I have one but, she says that my bankruptcy is holding it up.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Hearing for Chapter 13 in June Final plan conciliation conference. I have been paying on that also.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Ok look forward to some good news?
No I rather you write.

You would need to motion the divorce court her if you want to stop it.A motion to modify decree would be the legal means to do that.See if your lawyer will file this or you can file pro se claiming change of circumstances.

Legally this is the way to end alimony if you have had such a change in your income and situation.It is possible to file to end this, nothing to loose here.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks

If you can positive rate5 stars i t is sincerely ***** *****

The divorce is not final yet. I’m paying chapter 13 bankruptcy and her alimony and have very little income to live on. Can I still file this motion?

You would just file motion here to modify temporary orders here and do so.This is a good time to have low income the court may cut it out.

Another question? Is there a way to get someone off of a car title if that person filed bankruptcy. This is also in regards ***** ***** Spouse filed chapter 13 and his name is ***** ***** title. Need to get him removed on car I am still paying on.

You can get him off title through divorce.If it is awarded to you then he has to sign off on title.Thats possible here through divorce settlement/decree.