My ex husband was murdered within the contestability period…

Customer Question
My ex husband was...

My ex husband was murdered within the contestability period of an insurance policy all documentation including police reports death certificate has been given to insurance company now they are requesting proof of insurable interest we do have a minor child together is this legal or a form of a company practicing bad faith?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I provided her birth certificate to them

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What is actual proof of insurable interest when you both had an agreement to provide for your minor child

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/24/2018
Lawyer: N Cal Atty, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear this.

Was the policy taken out during the marriage? If so, did the decree of dissoluton refer to the policy? Who paid the premiums?

Tina, Lawyer