I hired an attorney in Chicago that was diagnosed with

Customer Question
I hired an attorney...

I hired an attorney in Chicago that was diagnosed with dementia and passed away. No one at the firm told me my lawyer was sick his son took my case and has been violating my rights as this case lingered 10.3 years. Now his son is intimidating me to sign a release that I don’t agree with I was left crippled in my left foot/leg. I’m being threatened by my lawyer and intimidated to sign this release

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an IL lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

My neurologist says I have a severe case of CRPS and RPS in my left foot this case went to appeals n I won the appeal but my lawyers son is only interested in clearing his fathers files not what I have been suffering the last decade

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The lawyer is saying that I’m in contempt I didn’t sign any papers and I didn’t shake anyone’s hand my husband asked if we could leave the courthouse n we were kept there against our eill Will

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 3 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
Do I have any recourse bcuz I wasn’t informed my attorney had dementia I am being forced to sign this agreement thru coercion and intimidation
When was he diagnosed and don’t i have rights in that regard?
You can refuse to sign. You can retain new counsel. You can demand counsel return fees. And if counsel committed errors later sue for malpractice.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”