I would like to know what to do my son had permission to…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to know what to do my son had permission to drive my other son car so he took the car and got into a accident and left the sene of the accident because he was scared and driving without any licenses. No one was hurt in the accident just some rear end dammage to the other car. What should I do.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Will my son reported the car stolen because he didn’t realize his bother had the car

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That’s it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

I hate to spend people's money for them - but if it were my child I would get that child a lawyer since they will very likely need one. Clearly multiple laws were broken in this scenario.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok and should my other son call and let them know it was and erra about the car being stolen

We can't give you legal advice on what to do or not do but you might want to consider being VERY cautious about letting ANY person in your family involved in this speak to the police without legal representation. There are a number of potential pitfalls if you do!

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney