Can I have my DBA on my business checks instead of the legal…

Can I have my...

Can I have my DBA on my business checks instead of the legal name is ***** ***** to have the two ? what is legal?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

California and no

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

Yes I filed to get my dba

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Assuming the DBA is properly registered with the state, you may use it as the name of the business on checks, advertising, signs, etc.

You can use it as the name of the business for any lawful purpose.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

can I have both names on the check? my legal entity name and my DBA?
Thank you
Certainly.
Loren, Attorney