I was arrested on feb 27, on a DWI, which turned out to be…

Customer Question
I was arrested on...

I was arrested on feb 27, on a DWI, which turned out to be negative. I had an appearance today. does the DA have to release the bloodwork results to my attorney

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the DWI charges?

No just a hearing on the seizure of my car and they found traces of trazadone and tylenol w/codeine in my bloodwook

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the DWI occur?

New york

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/23/2018
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 4 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 4 months ago

Yes, the DA does have to turn over the results of the bloodwork, as well as copies of ALL evidence the DA has in their possession.

Usually a "discovery packet" that contains copies of all the evidence is turned over to your defense attorney at Arraignment (your first court date).

Then evidence is periodically turned over from there as it comes into the DA's possession.

But yes, you attorney should have copies of all the evidence the DA has.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 3 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!