The police station put a no contact order on my partner. Ri.

Customer Question
The police station put...

The police station put a no contact order on my partner

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ri

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I went to the hearing and asked a judge to drop the no contact order he said and the prosecutor also said no. My brother was a witness said he seen my partner hit me but he really didn't lay a hand on me. My brother tried to remove his statement and the detective said no.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My 11 year old daughter was there also

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/23/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
.
What can I answer for you? I've read what you wrote but I don't see a question listed.

I would love a phone call. my partner and I got into a arugment about house cleaning my daughter and my brother where both there in the house. My brother called the cops without me knowing and I was having contractions when the officer came

Your partner would need to contact the court that issued the no contact order and follow their procedures are for making a motion to lift the no contact order. And you could include an affidavit stating that this is what you want - although since there is an NCO in place you'd probably want to have someone else bring the affidavit to him.

Is there anything else I can help you with?