I recently joined the "Tax Lien Buyers Club". This is a

I recently joined the...

I recently joined the "Tax Lien Buyers Club". This is a group from Spanish Fork, UT. They presented their tax lien purchase program and their real estate purchase program to invited guests, here in Dana Point, CA. They entitled their presentation: RULES OF RENOVATION and used Hilary Farr as their leader and designer of the program. Ms Farr was espoused as an internationally renowned interior designer and co-host of HGTV's successful real estate and renovation show, "Love It or List It". I paid $1,597 and received a nebulous contract that does NOT state all their promises. Moreover, their contract states: "The only representations from the Company on which I have based my purchase decision are in writing and are contained in this Purchase Order."

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I have until midnight tonight to rescind on the Purchase Order. I was going to call their advisors and ask questions about my concerns, however I feel that it is unlikely that I will receive anything in writing. I wanted to check with you first, before calling them. Their presented program is very attractive to me, as I have been investigating this investment opportunity for a while. their contract states one (1) year access to their service, while the presenter and other representatives claim that the service will be available after 1 year, for a $50 per month reactivation fee. This 1 year access has limited value, as the tax lien investments can only have a life of 2 years or less. Then, after 2 years or less, an investor must look for a new tax lien investment. I.E. The investor needs to continually roll over into new investments, which are conveniently made available via the 1 year program.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Have you heard of this group? Is this the scam referenced in your advertisement online?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you, ***** ***** have until 5 pm PST to rescind on the Purchase Order of $1,597, IF this group are scam artists.

3/23/2018
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

I have until 5 pm PST to get to a fax machine and rescind the Purchase Agreement.
THANK YOU.

This company has been around a long time -- 17 years to be specific. To that extent, they are actual and legitimate. The better question seems to be whether you're likely to accomplish what you're seekiing through them.

On their rating scale from A to F, the Better Business Bureau gives this company a D-. That's reason enough to be concerned. You can read the BBB's review and read their complaint history here:

https://www.bbb.org/utah/business-reviews/communication-consultant/zulu-marketing-llc-in-south-jordan-ut-90015720

You can also see many disgruntled customers here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Tax+Lien+Buyers+Club+scam&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS525US525&oq=Tax+Lien+Buyers+Club+scam&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.2265j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

So are they a scam? No. But you may want to take a good look at the complaints. Their customer service does not appear to be responsive if you don't get what you promise from them.

Interestingly enough, the same company also uses the name of REI-Holdiings. Here they are accredited and highly rated by the BBB. One way or the other however, the business is actual. You need to look at all of the complaints to determine whether this is for you or not.

https://www.bbb.org/utah/business-reviews/real-estate-investing/rei-holdings-llc-in-springville-ut-22362417/reviews-and-complaints

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Thank you for everything. I do not need anymore information. I think you did a great job at giving me what I need now. I do not require a phone call.Respectfully, *****

Good luck, Gary.

I think sometimes that no matter how good the seminar and the possibilities, a lot of people go into this kind of an investment not realizing how much money they need and how much work it entails. If you've been doing your homework and reading up on tax liens, you may be ahead of the game and have a positive experience. But do look at all the complaints to see what people found lacking. You may or may not find their complaints to be relevant for you.

Best Regards, ***** ***** do.