My mother is deceased. My step father just sold their home.

My mother is deceased...

My mother is deceased. My step father just sold their home. Her name is ***** ***** home. There was no will. I have one brother. Won't we get half of the sale then we will split that between us

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I checked with Tarrant county tax office and it shows her name on the home

3/23/2018
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Was the home titled to your mother only? Was your stepfather on the title? If they were both on title, was it owned in joint tenancy?

Loren, Attorney
Both names are ***** *****
Phone call session started