My agent refuses to put my name only on my homeowner policy,

Customer Question
My agent refuses to...

My agent refuses to put my name only on my homeowner policy, home is not marital although i'm married

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

TN

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have demanded my homeowner policy in my name only so far, but every year he has to rewrite policy and we continue to argue every policy anniversary. Ps. My husbands credit is awful!

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes I previously owned a joint property with my mom in IL. that we sold and to replace I used the proceed to buy cash home in TN

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Legal
3/23/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 27 days ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Was it purchased during marriage?
Does spouse agree in writing to not be listed on title? If so agent has no basis and decision is on all events yours.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
No there is no need to call please answer now..
Agent does not make decision as to name on title. It is your decision.if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! Thanks
If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
No husband name is ***** ***** title or account from which home was bought and account was still in maiden name.
Agent has no basis to refuse to put name on title. Agent needs to adhere to buyer direction.
Policy buyer directs the agent and if agent refuses ask for a Supervisor or shop to another insurer.
Is that clearer?
Tina, Lawyer