I am trying to file a quit claim deed and cannot fiqure out…

I am trying to...

I am trying to file a quit claim deed and cannot fiqure out what the prior instrument reference number is ***** where to locate it

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No, just starting to complete the form

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

OH

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, I just need to find out how to obtain the prior instrument reference number

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

The prior instrument reference number is ***** to identify the prior conveyance (the last transfer of the property).You need to get the last deed here, and the AFN number is ***** stamped in the upper right hand corner of the last recorded conveyance (deed).

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate5 stars it is much appreciated.

It is the prior deed in the chain of title. So it would be the deed that transferred the property to the current owner. It allows someone to locate that deed in the county recorder's office.

Ray, Lawyer
it would be the deed number correct?
Is it the Deed number?

Yes from the deed where the person got title.Last dded prior to your quitclaim here should be in top corner.