If I purchase a property with my own money can the property…

Second opinion] If I...

Second opinion] If I purchase a property with my own money can the property be quick claimed into my name only & my spouse waives all rights to it thus not being part of our community property? Or can I have the deed in my name & my husband signs a declaration releasing any ownership in the property?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No I wanted to know if this was possible before buying a property - we have already waived all rights to our separate money

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Undecided as of yet - it will be a condo either in Orange County or L.A. County

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of - only interested in buying a property in my name only and my husband have no rights to the ownership - would I have to put the property in a Trust (which I do not presently have for my separate assets)

3/24/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

[Second opinion] If I purchase a property with my own money can the property be quick claimed into my name only & my spouse waives all rights to it thus not being part of our community property?

Response 1: Yes.

Or can I have the deed in my name & my husband signs a declaration releasing any ownership in the property?

Response 2: The first option is better because if the deed is in both of your names, your husband may unfortunately refuse to sign the declaration releasing his claim on the property. By deed being in both of your names, the property automatically becomes community property.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
thank you