I have a legal question regarding fraud on my credit card,

I have a legal...

I have a legal question regarding fraud on my credit card

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

MInnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I caught the fraud in 12/16 and BOA did remove the charges from my account. Then I went back and found the fraud had started in 2014. My wife pays the account and we use the account for business so there are alot of charges and the fraud charges slipped through. I contacted BOA and they said if it's fraud they could go back to 2012 to remove charges

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They initially removed the charges and then BOA made the decision to disallow and put the charges back on my account

3/23/2018
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

BOA is notorious for these issues. Have you filed any consumer protection complaints yet?

No I have not
I can't talk right now....but you recommend filing Consumer Protection complaints with MN State AG office ?

Please ignore the telephone call request.

There are several agencies that can and will assist you with this matter that are free of charge (we pay for them through our tax dollars) Please give me a few moments to provide the complaint links for you.

"but you recommend filing Consumer Protection complaints with MN State AG office ?"

Not just the AG, however, I would include the AG at https://www.ag.state.mn.us/office/complaint.asp

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau https://www.consumerfinance.gov/

FTC https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/GettingStarted?NextQID=251&Url=%23%26panel1-8#crnt

If you can tell me where in Minnesota I can provide a link for local consumer protection Attorneys that provide FREE consultations in your area.

55033

One moment please.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Thank you very much.