We are turning in our 2013 dodge dart----if we finance a car…

We are turning in...

We are turning in our 2013 dodge dart----if we finance a car thru another fiananxce co can they pick that car up?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

N.c. and no we vol. turned the car in-----

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Talked to the dodge dealer and would not refinance---told us to go to another dealer----we financed another car and will turn in tags. can they pick up our car financed thru this other dealer?????we know we will have a long process to go thru but worried about the newer car

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just are we facing a pick up of the car we financed thru the other dealer

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

I am not sure what you mean by "can they pick it up". Can you elaborate? Do you mean will it show up on a credit history or report?

no if we finance thru the new dealer can the original lender get our new car???? we know it will show up on our credit report but i don't want to worry about them getting the new car--

No, the lender is only entitled to the collateral pledged for their loan.

If you are financing a different car then they would need get a judgment and then payoff the lender on the other car to be able to get to its equity.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please let me know.

we still may find ourselves with another repo on the new car????? will talk to the new dealer monday---thank you so very much but still worried----

No, it can not be repo'd for the loan on the other car.

A repo is only possible for the car actually pledged as collateral for that particular loan.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Loren, Attorney