I have just discovered my photographs have been used by my…

I have just discovered...

I have just discovered my photographs have been used by my Dentist on his website and a YouTube video without my permission. This has been going on for years. Do I have the right to request damages or removal of this from his advertising?

Lawyer's Assistant: What written documentation do you have?

I don't have written documentation but I have links to the website and YouTube video showing the photographs.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?

NO

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I live in Missouri and understand that we have The Right of Publicity recognized here.

3/23/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
On review of your facts, you have a good case.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!That should lead to removal.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
Should I try and get my dental records, document the website link or YouTube link? And do you have a ballpark amount for what I should expect a lawyer to charge for this letter or their involvement?
I would try. Lawyer should charge maximum $500 assuming 2 hours of work.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Is it reasonable to believe I would recoup the expense of getting a lawyer in the settlement recieved?
Or can you give an estimate of the settlement amount based on years(5+) of using these photos for advertising?
Likely outcome is removal. Legal fees unlikely. Must be honest with you on that.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
there would not be any monetary settlement?
Unlikely absent a financial loss to you.
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Sorry, don't understand that. Do you mean the cost of addressing this would not be worth it...other then having the photos removed? I would not see any compensation for use of my photo's?
I would demand removal and likely get it and end it there.
Compensation not likely so I would not spend on lawyers with such expectation.
I hope that is clearer. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
thanks! 5 star (*****) rating
Thanks.
You can enter that using the rating button.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney