My sister wants me to sign over the insurance polices (we…

Customer Question
My sister wants me...

My sister wants me to sign over the insurance polices (we are beneficiaries of) to pay for the burial of our mother. I want to Use the money that is in the bank. Do I have to sign over my half?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Marylland funeral was March 10,2018

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

All I have is an old will from 1995. I have never seen the insurance policies

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 3 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
You do not. No basis for it. She can pay for it by other means or by loan or putting on credit card and sharing cost later. Insurance policy worth much more than funeral expenses anyway.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
I thought this question was free. Don't
have funds for more questions
It’s not free. There was a price on the page.