I am trying to find my son. He had a proceeding in Richmnd…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to find my son. He had a proceeding in Richmnd City Circuit and as best I can tell, he received suspended sentence on two charges and he paid restitution.

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?

My son

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a VA lawyer about this yet?

He was represented by Vaugh Jones but Jones will not reply

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am trying to locate my son. I talked to him briefly last Saturday.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/23/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 4 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
Is he clear of Virginia Courts. Any money owed? Any requirements?
We cannot find your son. Have you tried an investigator or local counsel.Would you like a lookup directory which you can quickly use to find a local lawyer to handle your case?
I need to know if he is clear of his court obligations.
Cole A Nicolay
I will open this to other experts.
Richmond city circuit. Plea. Reduced to misdemeanor
he has attorney, but he is not communicating with us for some reason
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I am a different expert. The clerk of the court where the case was held should be able to look at the computer and/or at the court papers and let you know if your son's case has been completely closed.

The only other people who would know, apart from your son himself, would be the prosecutor and the defense lawyer. Unfortunately, the lawyer has no obligation to you and has to keep his communications with his client confidential. He may get back to you as a courtesy if you keep trying, but he's not going to tell you of your son's whereabouts without authorization to do so from your son.

Ok. So I should call the clerks office.

Yes. Call the court and ask to speak to a clerk.

Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 3 months ago

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.