Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  17 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Can you return a car you purchased and ales people ganged

Customer Question

can you return a car you purchased and ales people ganged you and I am almost 78 yrs.It got me way oer my budget.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: south carolina
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I signed papers thurs. about 7:00 pm.I drove the car home thurs
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Barrister replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

I hate to tell you this, but there is no right to cancel a car sale unless it says you can in the actual contract... and it never does.. Car salespeople make their living selling people cars for as much as they can... they aren't your friends and they will skin you if given the chance..

.

With that said, if you don't have much in assets, and your only income is SS, then if you returned the car, they might agree to take it back and just keep any down payment rather than having to repo it, sell it, and then sue you for any deficiency..

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much