I have been held for DUI and currenlty i have my L1B till…

I have been held...

I have been held for DUI and currenlty i have my L1B till nov 2019 but my 194 exoires on dec 2018

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

I am in serach of dui lawyer to get this resolved

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

I have talked to dui lawyer about this

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to know if the 194 extension affects for this DUI

3/23/2018
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer

G​ood afternoon. I am a legal expert t attorney who will assist you today.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Yes, it will affect you. A DUI is considered a serious misdemeanor and is like all criminal convictions a violation of the terms of your visa. The best scenario is to convince the state to allow you to plea to reckless driving and serve less than one year probation. Even so this is a violation of the terms of your visa.

That said, the extension of status should not be affected by the conviction although a new visa application will be scrutinized and may be rejected. . Keep in mind that the extension of status is done within the USCIS by the filing of the petition; a visa stamp in the passport is not required in order for you to continue to maintain valid status. Therefore, as long as you are in the US and not traveling internationally, you should be fine for the extension.

I hope this helps.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. We as attorneys are not employees of Just Answer and are not paid unless you rate the question. After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions.

KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
KLAW
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer