I have been living for the last 30 years in what is

I have been living...

I have been living for the last 30 years in what is basically an illegal sublet. I pay all the rent and utilities. It belongs to an actress who has now been served notice by management that they do not intend to renew her lease because they do not believe her to be the primary occupant. It is a rent stabilized apartment.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

New york

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

No. But she did inform them 30 years ago that I was her roommate.

3/23/2018
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Are you saying that you have been living in the apartment for 30 years, which is the same apartment that she is the leaseholder?

DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney
That is correct,
Phone call session started