I was away for two and a half weeks I had death in my family…

Customer Question
I was away for...

I was away for two and a half weeks I had death in my family when I came back home I had a difficult time getting in my apartment I have two locks on my apartment. The bottom lock was off and it was all so bent the top lock which is a bolt lock the paint that's on the door was peeled back and it has scratches down to the middle of the door the bottom lock was bent I called management office and ask for someone to end me easy come and look at my door that's sent one person and then they sent another one I was told that I was going to be safe in my home but I am not what can I do

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?

I live in Allentown Pennsylvania ZIP code 18102 no I have not Consulting anyone but yes I'm Consulting asking for help from you guys help me please I am so afraid to stay in here I am the one years old and I live alone

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

I came home Monday night and this is what I came home to a Horror Story I called the management office and spoke with the secretary I was so upset frantic and very afraid as of right now no one has anyting to rectify the situation I have called and I have called I have begged and have pleaded I do not owe not one dime for rent

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes I have told them if they could not have someone to come out by the end of the day to do something about my locks to secure me then that I will take it out of the rent I was told I cannot do that and if I do I will be put out

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/23/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

You should have contacted the Police immediately. You should still do so.

What is your specific question?

Have you asked the management to move you to another Unit or to release you from the lease under the circumstances?

Thank you for your cooperation.