I received a text message from the following number claiming…

Customer Question
I received a text...

I received a text message from the following number claiming to be a Publishers Clearing House agent. They told me I am in the process of winning $90,000 because of a promo from PCH with Facebook.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Trying to research the phone number

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is this a scam to get my money? Because somehow, they wired $2,400 to my account from Nicasio, California.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/23/2018
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Yes, this is a scam if they ask you to pay them anything at all... You never, ever have to pay anything to win a sweepstakes or lottery.. any taxes or fees are deducted prior to any prize being disbursed.. And you have to actually enter the sweepstakes, so if you never entered, that should be another big red flag..

.

If they ask for any money, please don't sent them anything or it will be gone..

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much