Maryland: Person living in a disabled apartment be evicted…

Customer Question
Maryland : Person living...

Maryland : Person living in a disabled apartment be evicted if they go to 6-month rehab for substance abuse

Lawyer's Assistant: Have they talked to a MD lawyer about this?

I thought I was.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have they taken so far?

None we are trying to learn the law

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/23/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

If a person fails to pay their rent while they are away from their apartment they can be evicted - but just being in rehab is not, in and of itself, sufficient to evict someone.