A car repair shop did an estimate on my car for 1700.00

Customer Question
A car repair shop...

A car repair shop did an estimate on my car for 1700.00 however i advised the repair shop that I was not able to pay $1,700 they told me that they can get it financed I agree to that they got all the paperwork ready I sent everything we needed over and I received a call after 5 p.m. that same day telling me that everything has been approved and if the gentleman who had given me the estimate spoke to me about flushes and that could be done to my car I advised he had spoken to me about my car and flushes as far as my brakes had gone and he said great so can we add on the flushes so I said yes the next day my car went in and my mother waited from 9 a.m. in the morning to 5 p.m. in the afternoon for the repairs to be made now 6 pm closing time I was told that I would have to pay $2,410 that's an extra $710 added onto my bill when I told them I did not agree to this they said you agreed to the ad on flushes and I said not for an additional $710 they said well let me verify that with the associate standing right here so hebsaid the associate told him i had agreed and them proceeded to tell me that he was standing mext to him when he gave me the individual prices. I told him that was a lie I was not given individual prices amd wpuld never have agreed to an extra 710.00. Then he said he cpuld pull recordings but not till the next afterrnoon and i would have to agree to this contract of making payments on a bill of $2,410 before he would even let my mother go with the car i told him i did not agree to this and he said all the repairs and add on were done and unless i agreed my mother wpuld have tobfind a way home and the car would have to stay there. I got very verbal andbtold him this was not right so ivwas pretty much forced to go thrpugh with the contract and whenbhe asked if i agreed i said i had no other choice and he said he couldnt accept that andswer so i said by force ivwas agreeing and he said i cant take that answer soni finally had to scream yes. I am so angry is there anything I can do about this, I wad never given additional prices and I don't trust that they will pull the recorded call and done even belive that the call is recorded as they don't state so on the phone recordings or even tell you that you are being recorded. Please help I feel so robbed this is unfair

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

It's not estate law it's auto repair

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Az and none other then arguing with the repair company

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This just happened literally right now

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
3/23/2018
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am working on your answer now. I am sorry for the delay. It takes some time to prepare a complete answer. Please note the phone call requests are generated automatically from the system. I do not control them.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

I am sorry that you have been taken advantage of in this way. There are somne things that you can do to rectify this, but they all will take some time.

There is not an immediate in the moment solution to the problem. I assume that they will not release your car to you unless you arrange for payments. So the mmediate thing that you need to do is get your car from them.

If you do not they will add on storage charges and ultimately seize and sell your car to pay the debt that they are running up on you. So you want to get your car, even if you have to borrow the money to pay the bill.

BUT once you have your car back there are some things that you can do. Some of them will not cost you any money topursue.

1) File a complaint with the Arizona Attorney General against the repair company for fraud and unfair trade practices.

It costs you nothing to file this complaint and they often can help you recover your money. See:

https://www.azag.gov/contact-us

2) You may also file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They often are able to get companies to work withcustomers to resolve these disputes.

3) Don't neglect to use social media. Also if this is a franchise company contact the Headquarters Customer Service office.

4) Lastly, you can try to sue them in small claims court. There will be costs to you in terms of filing fees and service costs. BUT you can sue for fraud and unfair trade practices.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald