Can a government entity (county) qualfy to receive proceeds…

Can a government entity...

Can a government entity (county) qualfy to receive proceeds from a charitable remainder trust?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

This is Larimer County in Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Not understanding your question.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Our CRT was set up to give final remainder value to the County. We wish to possibly change the beneficiary to an actual non profit, like Salvation Army. The CRT ends this October after 18 yrs.

When do I get an answer?
3/23/2018
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a few minutes to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

While a Charitable Remainder Trust is an irrevocable trust, you and your spouse may change the charitable beneficiaries of the trust at any time during the trust term.

Here are some links to Colorado lawyers who can help you with this:

https://meurerlawoffices.com/trusts-attorney-denver/charitable-remainder-trust/

https://dslawcolorado.com/charitable-estate-planning-colorado/

https://www.wadeash.com/practice-areas.html

I hope this helps. Please go ahead and rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Have I answered all your questions? If so, please rate me. I get no credit for my work for you unless you rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee.

Edward Young
Could you tell me where you are licensed so that someone doesn't challenge what you said about our right to change beneficiaries? I didn't notice where to rate, but now I see it.