I live in Texas, I am a widow and would like to change my…

Customer Question
I live in Texas...

I live in Texas, I am a widow and would like to change my name back to my madden name,. But are a bit concern about my other paperwork such as credit cards and mortgage, home ownership.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

None yet I need to seek advice first

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a TX lawyer about this?

No not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is all for the first part

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Are you asking how to go about changing your name back?

.

.

thanks

What issues should arise after the name change as far as my other ownership such as home ownership, credit reports, credit cards, vehicle registrations and so on

You just take the order signed by the judge and send copies to any of your creditors and they would update the accounts to reflect your name change. It doesn't affect your credit or anything like that as everything would just roll over to your maiden name since your SSN and DOB don't change here..

.

.

thanks