I requested insurrance policies and copies of payable

Customer Question
Hello, I requested insurrance...

Hello, I requested insurrance policies and copies of payable statments from the property management group for my neighborhood. I was told that they did not have time to scan and send them to be but that i could " come by their office and look at the folder." Am i not entitled to copies of these documents?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

South Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Only emailing them per the request

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/23/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Could you explain a little more?

Is this a Homeowner's Association?

Thank you for the information.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is the contracted property manager for our HOA

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I am working with multiple customers on the site and I respond to posts in order that they are received. If you have not heard from me it does not mean that I have ignored your post. It just means that I am currently working with another customer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also. I have a charge for $42 why is that? I thought it was only $5

You are entitled to copies of the records per your request. However, the management can also request that you come to the office to view the documents. See South Carolina Code of Laws Title 27 Chapter 31 Section 27-31-180.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

If have issues with the billing, kindly contact customer service. I am just a site user like you. I do not have control over billing.

Thank you for your understanding.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Never mind I see why the charge
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What legal grounds do they have if I refuse to pay regime fees other than deducting what I owe after the sale of the property?

I am sorry, but I do not understand your follow-up question.

Kindly review, edit, and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What are the consequences if I choose not to pay the regime fee

I still do not understand why you asking about regime fee under this thread.

That was not a part of your initial post regarding requesting for records.

If this is new question that does not have anything to do with your request for records, then you would need to post the question on a new thread pursuant to site's terms and conditions.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law