In Walmart today I was accused of stealing by putting

In Walmart today I...

In Walmart today I was accused of stealing by putting something under my coat which I did not do. The employee said she saw me put something under my coat. As I went out the door she stopped me and asked me to show her what I put under my coat because she saw me put something under my coat. I told her that I did not put anything under my coat. I think if she saw me put something under my coat then she should know what it was that I put under my coat. I am a vendor working in Walmart at the time and was so embarrassed and upset. I panicked and told her she was not touching me. I went to my car and she called the police and then she followed me to my car and took a picture of my tag. My question is since I am a vendor and work in Walmart for another company will I be allowed to go back into Walmart or will I be banned from Walmart even though they don't have any proof that I stole anything? If I go back in there tomorrow can they call the police?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

No charges were filed and I never saw the police. I never went to the back room. I just went to my car and left. She followed me to my car and took a picture of my tag.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Mississippi

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No other than I did see one of the employees watching me and she kept coming around me and passing by me and looking at me and I noticed that but I didn't think too much about it. The employee who stopped me said that one of the other employees had watched me and had told her that I look suspicious

3/22/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. So, until and unless the managers at this Walmart location say that you are no longer allowed on the premises, and they can point to some legal authority that they have to do so (such as your contract) then you are allowed back on the premises. As a vendor, you are allowed onto the property and it is likely that if you are convicted of shoplifting by a county court then it is likely you won't be allowed back on. However, unless the Walmart managers can show that a simple accusation can prohibit you from returning into the store, you will be allowed back into the store.

If no police were called and no charges were filed, it is unlikely they will follow up on this. This is particularly true if you didn't actually steal anything either. In my legal opinion, I think you have nothing to worry about.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The Walmart employee called the police because I heard her and she got a picture of my tag number on my car so I don't know if she can do anything with the information on my tag number. I got in my car and left before the police got there. I have never been in trouble, never been arrested and I go to church every Sunday. I was just absolutely floored and my mind was reeling and I was upset too that she accused me. I know it would have been better if I had just went on to the back and show them that I had nothing but I was just floored and embarrassed. I didn't want anyone to see me being escorted to the back. So are there any educated words that I might say to them tomorrow if they can front me?

The employee won't be able to do anything at all. The police might follow up on this, but unless they have surveillance footage, they probably won't. Considering you're a vendor, it's also not likely they will follow up at all.

I would probably recommend asking them whether they have any video of you taking anything. If they want to search you, then you should ask them just what probable cause do they have to do such a thing. You could also explain that the law requires that those who contract are required to act in good faith with one another and the failure to do so could be a breach. Thus, if Walmart would like to be sued for failing to act in good faith according to the Uniform Commercial Code, then they should let you go back and do your job.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much!

The pleasure is all mine! Unless you have additional questions, there’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. You can save me as a favorite if you would like.

3. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

4. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions for cheap.

5. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will do!
Legal Eagle, Lawyer