I buy a used car from my friend, and he just disappear. I'm…

Customer Question
I buy a used...

I buy a used car from my friend, and he just disappear

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I'm in illinois, and he lived in Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have going to police department, they said they can't do anything for me, i go to the secretary of state illinois, they said they will try, not sure they can make the case becasue it's out of state, i called legal aid in ohio, because the auction was in ohio, they said they need dealership number, but i don't have it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have the chat history and transfer history, and i'm not sure my friend have legal identity and dealership. The car was in someone else title right now, i don't even see the car.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/22/2018
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Your friend did not provide any paperwork for the car?

Tina, Lawyer