I am trying to get some info. Illinois. Nothing yet but my…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to get some info

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing yet but my daughter cosigned a mortgage with me almost 2 years ago but she moved out in november, every payment has come out of my account.. i want to sell house but have quite a bit of equity, the down payment was my $ and i can prove that....what can i do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She thinks she is entitled to half of sale?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 4 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
my daughter cosigned on a home with me and ended up walking out. now that i am going to sell wants half the $. I put down the whole down payment and can prove as it was with gifted funds, is she entitles to $?