Any outside or other arrangements made by the buyer and

Customer Question
Any outside or other...

Any outside or other arrangements made by the buyer and seller will not be recognized unless stated in this agreement. does that statement have anything to do with refunds and no refunds

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

Yesterday florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I purchased a dog off someone and i cant keep him and they said they can take him back but wont refund me

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/22/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 3 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good evening. Based on what you shared, it would appear that anything regarding and in reference to a refund, would have to be stated in the agreement and in writing, between you and the seller. If you can not keep the dog, it would appear they will take the dog back but are not going to issue a refund. You would be better off trying to sell the dog on your own, to recover some of what you paid, assuming this is allowed in the contract

Is the contract didn’t have anything about refund or no refund

If the contract was silent, then it would not be something that the seller has to give and something which the parties needed to address, prior to the sale. As such, they are offering to take the dog but do not have to refund the money. As I shared, the buyer can sell the dog on their own if they do not want to just give it back and can not care for it, unless the contract says they can not sell it.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!