I keep getting call from a no. 1-606-205--8872 saying that…

Customer Question
I keep getting call...

I keep getting call from a no. 1-606-205--8872 saying that they are taking me to court .call the # always busy.don,t know who they are.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New york

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Tried to cll alwasy busy

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They say that they are taking me tocourt that they are down loading to court

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 29 days ago
Richard, Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good afternoon. This number is ***** known scam number. They are simply trying to scare you into paying them something you don't owe. You can first simply block their calls. But, if you happen to talk to them, you want to inform them you owe them nothing and demand they immediately cease and desist all further efforts to contact you and/or anyone else to collect this debt. Inform them that any efforts to do otherwise will constitute a violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and that you will report each and every violation to the Federal Trade Commission. Each violation carries at least a $1,000 fine. Also let them know that should they file any negative credit report, you will be filing a defamation suit against them for both your actual and punitive damages. In my experience, the fine under the Federal Act and the threat of the defamation should be an end to these collection efforts.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Richard, Attorney