I would like to know if there is any legal recourse for a…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to know if there is any legal recourse for a high school student athlete that has been intentionally sabotaged by his coach from entering regional competitions and affecting his possibilities of getting recruited to a college.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California San Jose

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

So far discussed directly with the coach and he disregarded our request and shrugged it off as a wast of time for him. We have escalated to the principal and we have not heard back from him and we are trying to see our options.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There are other factors that might or might not matter. like the fact that the student is in special classes for ADHD since the first grade and his most likely possibility of getting a scholarship only rested on his athletic ability and he is currently ranked second place in his district for his particular sport.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
3/22/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 2 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.
Open to any suggestion, thanks.
A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Having an education lawyer speak to dean office and admin can help.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
Tina, Lawyer