Can a manager of a condo reguire a service dog owner to

Customer Question
Can a manager of...

Can a manager of a condo reguire a service dog owner to produce Certification that he has been professionally trained ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has he taken so far? Has he prepared or filed any paperwork?

Yes. He has given a statement from a doctor stating why he need

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the condo located?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He furnished a statement by a doctor stating why he needs a service dog and that he is 100 percent disabled veteran, and that he is training himself.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/22/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. The answer to your question is yes. This is different than other public establishments wherein they can't ask for that information, but for landlords, the rules are a bit different. When the disability or need for reasonable accommodation is not obvious, a landlord may ask the person with a disability for documentation that he or she has a disability and a disability-related need for the service dog or support animal.

The landlord cannot discriminate against the person because of their disability and they must waive any no-pet policies because of the service animal. Those are against the law.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

I wish to cancel my membership.I was not satisfied with answer.

Could you tell me what was dissatisfactory?