Are Are you an immigration lawyer? Need advice for my minor…

Are Hello, Are you...

Are Hello, Are you an immigration lawyer?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the U.S. government?

Yes. Need advice for my minor son. I am a green card holder.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

Yes, I have talked to a lawyer and I would like to have a second opinion.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My son is French, 16 years old. She stayed with his mother in France. In January he came to me and he decided he wants to stay with me. His mother agreed. He is in school already here, in the US. I have filed I 130 and I 485. I have received I 797C Notice of action for both. For I-130 says it is in process, so I think I just need to wait for further notice. For I485 came rejected as a Visa is not immediately available. As French citizen he can stay 90 days in the US. need advice from an immigration lawyer. Thank you! Adrian

3/22/2018
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** have over 12 years of immigration law experience. Sorry for the long delay; please allow me some time to review your question.

Adrian,

What is your status in the US?

And what is your specific question about this?

Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
I am a green card holder. The question is for my minor son, 16 years old, French citizen who is with me here simce January and wants to stay here and not anymore with his mother. We all agreed on that. I need to know more on I 130 and I 485 as I have different answers. Can we speak? Thank you, Adrian
Phone call session started

I am trying to call you right now.

I am calling you again now. Please answer the phone. Thank you.

Please let me know when you become available.

Mr. Lobo,

I have ben trying to contact you for some time now. I am ready to discuss this issue over the phone with you when you are ready.

Hello James,
Sorry, but for business reasons I have missed your calls.
Can you give me counseling on immigration? can we speak on the phone, live?
Thank you,
Adrian

Yes, we can speak on the phone live. That is what I was attempting to do previously. Let's set up a time to do that. How about 3pm, central time?

Perfect, James!
3pm Central Time works for me. You have my cell phone number(###) ###-####, so I will make sure I take your call and we can speak live.
Thank you,
Adrian
James,
Please call me. 3pm Central Time works for me.
Thank you,
ASrian