Is it legal in the state of SC for an ex wife to have a

Customer Question
Is it legal in...

Is it legal in the state of SC for an ex wife to have a court order out to prevent an ex husband from changing the beneficiary on life insurance

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in SC family court?

From what I understand she had a court order taken out to prevent him from removing her name as beneficiary

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

This is information I'm asking because my nephew's ex wife is causing some real problems and has taken this out to prevent him from changing. As far as I know he has asked about this

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How to protect himself from unwarranted arrest and harassment

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/22/2018
Lawyer: Sean K, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Sean K
Sean K, Lawyer

Hi, I’m Sean and I will be assisting you as an expert today. I’m an attorney with more than 20 years of experience. It is my goal to provide a solid overview of your situation. Whether the analysis is good or bad as to your matter, I want to make sure you understand any points you need and that you have options to better address the questions you have. If I am able, I will also provide you with some resources. Please note that the system, independent from me, may offer a phone call. You are not obligated to engage in a phone call, but I am happy to speak if you desire. This is completely up to you.

In South Carolina, the Family Courts have the authority to order that beneficiaries on life insurance policies (or other policies) not be changed.

Let me ask you this - is in the the divorce process or has he already been granted a divorce from his wife? The reason I ask is this will better help me address what his options may be.