I got off work drove carefully, after getting a cop calls me…

I got off work...

I got off work drove carefully, after getting a cop calls me and say you cut somebody off, I said no I didn’t, the people want your insurance , that sound like a scram, I’ll go to court he come to the police department so I give you a ticket, can they do that?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Idaho

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The cop said I have go to there city and get a ticket for that car

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Did you ask the officers name and badge number and contact the department to verify he does work there? Did he say you actually hit someone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I didn’t hit anybody , got to a light heard somebody honking,

Thank you. Yes, you want and need to be careful and not give out any information. There is no reason to provide any insurance information if there was no accident or damage AND the officer would have needed to be present, if they wanted to issue you a citation, for any moving violation. This does sound odd and if the "officer" wants to issue a citation or charge you with anything, they can send it in the mail, unless they can verify their identity and the basis for this.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He said I cut somebody off and they got minor damage, I never changed lanes was going straight, how can that cop charge me for doing nothing wrong?
If there was a report of minor damage it does raise the allegation of an accident and a hit and run so they could charge you with that if it happened. While you allege you did nothing wrong you have another driver who claims you hit them so if they went to the police and there was damage to the vehicle there is a legal basis to investigate this.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I didn’t hit anybody they said when I was changing lane that van didn’t see and they ran off the road, but if it ran off the road why was the car behind me, I think they picked my car easy target, my insurance said it probably a scam

Great to hear back from you and I am happy to answer any follow-up questions but kindly just ask that you rate my help at the top at this time, so the site will provide me with the proper credit. Thank you!

LegalKnowledge, Attorney

If you did not hit anyone you should not provide any information over the phone, to someone who calls you. If the police are involved, they will send you a citation or come to your home and you should not just give out your insurance information to someone whose identity you cannot verify on the phone.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney