On December 29,2017, The St Louis County Sheriffs department…

Customer Question
On December 29,2017, The...

On December 29,2017, The St Louis County Sheriffs department came into my house without a warrant and assaulted and tazed me twice. Nobody in this household had called them or invited them in. Does this firm handle cases like this? I was told no one in Duluth does as they are worried about a conflict of interest. My name is***** am 63 years old and live with my wife here at***** Hermantown, mn 55811. There doesn't seem to be any interest by any law firms to handle this type of case. Can you assist ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a MN lawyer about this?

1 in duluth and Sweibel in the twin cities. Neither were interested.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I'm just looking for a lawyer that would help

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/23/2018
Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 4 months ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
I will wait
Lawyer: Attorney Wendy, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Attorney Wendy

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. I am not located in your area but I hope I can provide some guidance that may be helpful.

From the information you provided, it appears that this may have been a violation of several legal standards, including the U.S. Constitution's Fourth Amendment prohibition of unreasonable searches and seizures. I know you have had difficulty finding an attorney to take your case at this point, but I would recommend you look for attorneys who claim to do either criminal (even though this is not criminal necessarily) or civil rights law. Those are the types of attorneys who would be best situated to evaluate and help you. The claims you would potentially have would be made under various civil rights law and what is know as Section 1983 - which provides a claim for constitutional violations.

In addition, you should consider lodging a citizen's complaint with the police department and potentially other government offices to ensure this matter is investigated.

I am so sorry this happened but I hope this gives you somewhere to start. If you need further assistance, please reply to this email. If I answered your question and provided excellent service, I would greatly appreciate your 5 star rating at this time.

Please note: This information is for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No course of action is being proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege has been formed as a result of this conversation.