Two Doctors at OHSU have declared that I have Alzheimer's. I…

Customer Question
Two Doctors at OHSU...

Two Doctors at OHSU have declared that I have Alzheimer's. I do not! I am 77 years old and do have mild memory problems. I need legal assistance.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am living in Oregon, Clackamas County

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have an appointment at the VA hospital on April 2, 2018

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My father had Altzheimer's. However it has been determined that the cause was due to his mother's defective mitochondrial DNA. All of his brother's and sister's had the same affliction. I received my mitochondrial DNA from my mother.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
3/23/2018
Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 2 months ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

My phone number is ***-***-****

Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

Can I Sue two doctors who have misdiagnosed my situation, and for how much? They have deprived me of the ability to drive a motor vehicle 3 times the last 3 years.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. This to me sounds like a classic case of negligence based on medical malpractice if you have reason to believe they incorrectly diagnosed you and it caused you the harm of not being able to drive. Negligence simply means that there was a duty that the other party owed and they breached that duty in some way. What is most important is that it is proven that the defendant breached their duty of care because that is what mostly determines whether there is a cause of action. Basically, the question is, “Did the defendant’s actions fall below the standard of care for a reasonable person in a similar situation?” If the answer to that question is yes, then there is negligence and you are entitled to damages. Damages can be difficult to calculate, but if you click here you can use a calculator help you understand.

.

Did you have any other questions for me today that I could help you with?

Tina, Lawyer