I i got a $9000 dollar judgement from a former employee that…

I i got a...

I i got a $9000 dollar judgement from a former employee that had a bounce check of $700 that i did know of

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

None

3/22/2018
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. How did you find out about this judgment? So you wrote this employee a check and it bounced and they sued you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I got the judgement in the mail

Thank you. If you were never served or aware of this, you have a basis to file a motion to vacate the judgment. If they sued you, you should have been served and placed on notice and given a chance to respond and defend this. Moreover, once the check bounced, the employee should have simply contacted you about this and you could have issued a new check and resolved this. The clerk of court may have the forms for you to file and I have provided a link below that also cites the rules, which would allow it.

http://www.fizzlaw.com/article/how-to-vacate-judgment-in-california/

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I own a transportation company in which Im supposed to have proccesing agents in all 48 states but Ive never been contacted by them either

You would have been served by a process server or your agent would have received it. You can look online or in the court file and see what the service of process says as well, to see what happened.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thank you where can i search to find it with case number?

It would be in the county where the case was filed and it should be in the judgment.

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney
LegalKnowledge, Attorney