I just had the most unfortunate experience at work in which…

Customer Question
I just had the...

I just had the most unfortunate experience at work in which my Boss was severely vile towards me. His outburst and vile language caused me to get up from my desk, tell him that he has no right to peak to me in that manner, and that he was a vile man to which I left the office noting that I was done with his filthy mouth and would not be returning! He replied Goodbye! I want to file an abuse not for damages, though it did render me quite upset, but to note a blemish on his record for anyone who will come after me. How, or can I file such a complaint, and to whom do I file? Thanks! Debbie

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

He is the founder and the director! This is a small Non for profit, and there is NO HR!

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know how to file a complaint so that it is recorded on his record as a verbally abusive employer, though he has been known to bang his desk to the point that is has cracked the wood, and thrown things around the office.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Attorney replied 4 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me what state this occurred in?

Schenectady New York

Do you think that you were targeted based upon your race, age, religion, gender, or disability, or in retaliation for doing any protected activity (FMLA leave, filing an EEOC case, etc...) ?

Are you there?

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?