Having problems with Workers Compensation, they are denying…

Customer Question
Having problems with Workers...

Having problems with Workers Compensation, they are denying a request for surgery. I tore a rotator cuff at work and I have followed all of the preliminary requirements. MRI shows a tear that needs surgery to repair it.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are they in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have they taken so far?

Who are you referring to?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I need to know what I can do.

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Legal
3/22/2018
Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 29 days ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Many times Workers' Compensation Insurers initially denies surgery or other Medical procedures if they can find a reason to deny it. There is a way to challenge the denial. By chance, did they require you to see another doctor?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I have seen a primary doctor, two orthopedic specialist who concur after examining the MRI that there is a torn rotator cuff and it will not heal itself!

Okay. What is the reason why the insurer is giving denying it?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Your system is not updating my payment so forget it and cancel anything I payed.

Okay. You can tell customer service.

Tina, Lawyer