My mom and dad gave me their house/mobile home two years ago…

My mom and dad...

My mom and dad gave me their house/mobile home two years ago i paid it off and bee paying the taxes on it.. My dad passed last year and now my mom want to evict me.. i have 4 children in house two of which are mine and two are foster.. I have put a numerous amount of money into this place to fix it up..Such as new walls floors etc... What are my rights

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing yet just getting all reciepts in order

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing at the moment

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Do you have anything in writing? Was title placed in your name, when they gave it to you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK Thank you.

Do you have anything in writing? Was title placed in your name, when they gave it to you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nothing in writing I have the title but she did not sign it ..

Thank you. In a situation like this, you would need to show and support that they gave this to you and this was more than a situation whereby they allowed you to live there and the mortgage and taxes was not a form of rent. If she wants you out, she would need to evict you and you would need to defend this and show you are the owner of it and this was a gift and show proof of payments and everything that was done, over her contention that this was not a gift.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She has addmitted via text she was doing what she had to do for herself its her time now..If i get a text saying she gave it to me will that hold up in court?

Yes, that can be used as evidence, to show and support your argument. Not only do you want and need to defend the eviction but also show ownership interest and now get title to this and have it in your name and if she will not sign it over and cooperate, you need to sue her.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok I thank you so much..

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney
LegalKnowledge, Attorney