I can’t find an attorney for my car accident since I’m three…

I can’t find an...

I can’t find an attorney for my car accident since I’m three months away from statue of limitations’ I just need to know the paperwork to file with the courts to extend that since I’m still being seen for my injuries

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

It happened in Texas while I was active duty

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Tried to call attorneys talked to adjuster but for my injuries they are not giving anything

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I had an attorney but he quit saying that financially tough times

3/22/2018
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your accident.

There is no paperwork for extending the statute of limitations. The case must be filed before time runs out. When a person has not yet finished treatment for their injuries at the time they need to file a lawsuit, they can include a request for estimated future damages. Pain and suffering may be based off of that estimated future damages amount. At trial, you'll be able to bring in expert testimony regarding how long it's expected you'll be injured, how much more work you'll miss, and what the anticipated cost of treatment should be. But you'll still want to file the case within the next three months.

After the case is filed, it's also possible to take time to negotiate, request to extend the trial, and otherwise buy time if you've nearly finished treatment. But for ongoing injuries, you'll use estimates and projections.

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please reply WITHOUT rating so I can clarify. My goal is to provide excellent service, so if I've done that, please give me a 5-star rating before signing out. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

that helps what paperwork do I need to file in court for 6 figures?
Can I have the case transferred to Georgia, where I live now

For six figures, you're well over the Small Claims Court limit, which means the courts don't have specific paperwork available online. You'll want to draft and file a Complaint. If the is a law library near you, they'll have books of forms to show you. You could also checks sites such as www.legalzoom.com or www.uslegalforms.com to see if they have Personal Injury Complaints for Texas. It is also possible to have a local attorney do it, but if you can't find one, you can file the paperwork by mail.

The case unfortunately has to be brought either where the accident occurred or where the other driver lives.

Ok thank you

You're welcome!

Please rate my service positively, as this is the only way that I get paid for the time spent answering your questions. Thank you.

Lucy, Esq., Attorney