How can you subpoena records without an attorney in small…

How can you...

How can you subpoena records without an attorney in small claims court

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

None went to mediation defendant wants to go before judge

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It involves an assault at work causing injury

3/22/2018
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

A non lawyer is not permitted to issue a subpoena; as such a small claims party would need to request the court clerk to issue a subpoena; please see page 14 here:

https://www.depts.ttu.edu/sls/forms/How-to-Sue-in-Small-Claims-Court.pdf

That guide is useful for the entire process but page 14 explains how the court will issue the subpoena when the party provides contact information.

legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer