My sister died and left her car to me she had a hand written…

My sister died and left...
My sister died and left her car to me she had a hand written will which was notarized . She lives in WV and I live in KY . What do I need o do to get a title in my name.
3/22/2018
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer

G​ood morning. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you today. Did your sister have a spouse or any children? Were you listed in the will as the beneficiary if the car?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I was the beneficiary. She does have children, but she left them nothing . Only her grandchildren, only two of them
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Would you like a picture of the will?

N​o. Is the will in probate?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I have been to the DMV in KY. They told me I needed to go to the court and have something signed by the judge in WV. Social Security is my only income, I can not afford any more money

Ok. T​hat is correct. When there is a will that is left by the decedent, the will must be probated . To probate a will in West Virginia, it must be filed by the executor named in the will. The Will must be filed with the Probate Office of the County Clerk in the county where she the decedent lived. A Petition for Probate must be filed as well. This requests the appointment of an executor, after that the executor can sign the transfer forms with the WV Department of motor vehicles. Unfortunately, in order to transfer the car to you the will must be probated first.

​I hope this helps and clarifies. Please don't forget to rate the question with stars. There is no additional charges if you rate the question with stars.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
There is no executor of the will
Then someone must bring the will into the court and file it with the court and be appointed as executor, before the judge will issue the documents you need to transfer the car. There is no way around the probate process.
You can’t avoid the process of probating in court, when your sister left a will. The law is clear.Thank you for the negative rating for disagreeing with my answer.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
The courthouse or what. Is this possible to do by mail. I live 31/2 hours from the WV courthouse what papers do I need to take to them ?
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
If you are no longer going to help me, please let me know
No, it cannotbe done by mail, it must be file in person at the courthouse, in the county where she lived.You need to take a copy of the will, her death certificate, and any copies of her car title, into the court.If you don’t have them you still need to file the probate petition in the court.
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
KLAW
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer