I am currently out on disability from my job. I have two…

Hello. I am...

Hello. I am currently out on disability from my job. I have two years until I am able to retire based on the jobs criteria. I don't plan on returning to work. Is there a way to somehow receive early retirement due to stress related leave?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No, I haven't.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No, I'm an exempt employee.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I feel targeted and harassed at times as well.

Answered in 1 day by:
3/23/2018
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello. Yes, I still need assistance with my question.
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Are you currently out on disability on a temporary basis? Have you applied for SSDI?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm currently on short term disability through my job. No, I haven't applied for SSDI.

Thanks for the additional information. It sounds like your employer's policy is that in two years you can retire and received a pension. Is that what you are saying? And you want to see if you can retire earlier because of stress?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Actually, I'm already fully vested for my pension. We are fully vested after 5 years of service, but you can't retire until you are 55. This is the second time I've been out for stress and was wondering if there was a way to retire early

Are you saying the company has a policy that you have to work until you are 55 years old to receive your pension?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You can retire at the age of 55, with 5 years of service from the company. You are fully vested in your pension after 5 years of service, but, will not receive the full payout until the retirement age.

So, if you leave the job before you are 55, you will not get the pension?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will receive my pension because I've been at the company more than 5 years.

Okay. If you can retire before 55 and still get your pension, then I do not understand the issue.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you.

Do you still need help?

If so, let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. Thank you.

You are welcome.

Please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney